Search This Blog

Tuesday 3 January 2017

Reindeer Aperture Card


Evening crafty friends!!!
Feeling rather nervous about writing my first ever blog. Thought I'd start with one of my favourite Christmas cards.

For this card I used the beautiful Crafter's companion create a card - enchanted reindeer die. I cut it out of plain white card then coated it with white Cosmic shimmer gilding polish. I just love this collection - it allows you to give a lovely shimmery coating to card and many other surfaces.
I then cut an even edge around the cut image.

For the layer behind I cut a slightly larger square out of mirror card, then using tattered lace square dies cut a slightly smaller square out the centre, so your left with a square aperture.  (This should be large enough for you to mount the top layer onto with an even border, but without the bottom aperture showing through the die cut image.)

Time to prepare the base card! For this I used pre-scored 6x6 white card. Cut an aperture out of the centre using the same tattered lace square die used on the mirror card.
Stick the layers onto the base card. For this I prefer to use Cosmic shimmer glue with a tattered lace fine glue tip.

Now for the finishing touches. Place a piece of mirror card over the reindeer and run through the die cutting machine. I cut the unwanted swirls off with a pair of scissors, so I was left with just the reindeer. I decoupaged this onto the main die cut image. Finally I dotted a few diamonte's and star shaped jems on.

Shopping List

No comments:

Post a Comment