Search This Blog

Tuesday 20 June 2023

Bee Crafty Bee card

Morning All!!

I made this Bee card over the weekend and thought I'd share it with you all. I've had my eye on this stamp set for some time now and finally gave in and bought it and now I can't seem to put it down.


Cut a piece of card to fit on a 7x7 card blank.

For the next step I actually used Brushos. I normally get really frustrated with them as I can never achieve the outcome I imaged. I started by spritzing the card with water and sprinkled a small amount of yellow ocre Brushos in one corner. I then added another mist of water, a little bit more yellow and dabbed some of ink off with a piece of kitchen roll. I kept doing this until I was happy with the overall look. The key to using these is LESS is most defiantly more!!

Spray a fine coating of Tim Holtz Bronze Mica spray over the card. 

Use spiced marmalade oxide ink to stamp the lovely border from the Bee Mine set along 2 edges. Then randomly stamp the hollow and solid honeycomb in the background leaving the top right corner blank. 
Stamp a few of the hollow honeycomb in black ink.
Using a fine liner black pen (I used a Micron pen) draw a little doodled border around the edges of the two stamped sides. 
This main card topper can now be stuck onto your pre-folded 7x7 card blank.

Die cut a few different sized hexagons and using a blending brush colour with distress oxides. 
Stamp the solid honeycomb on two of the hexagons.
Stamp a small section of the border stamp on another two of the hexagons, then draw the same doodled border around the edges.
Colour one of the smaller hexagons with Rose gold gilding polish. 
Stamp the largest bee on the final hexagon shape. You only need to make sure the bees antennas are completely stamped.
Stick the hexagons in place. I used pinflair glue to raise a few of them to add a little dimension. 

Stamp the words 'BeeYouTeeFul' in the top right corner, then stamp the two smaller bees. Don't worry about colouring them. These bees will be layered with another piece of card. Stamping them first means you wont need to cut the antennas out in the next step.

On a separate piece of card stamp and emboss all three bees. Colour with your desired medium, I used spectrum noir tri-blend pens. Then cut them out. Don't worry about the antenna - they can be cut off. Snip into the wings slightly and use a pencil or paintbrush to curl the wings.

Finally stick the Bees in place, again using pinflair glue to raise the wings.

If you'd like to purchase this lovely Bee set pop over to the Bee Crafty website.

Thanks for joining me.

X - Dena - X



 

No comments:

Post a Comment