Search This Blog

Tuesday 20 June 2023

Happy Fathers Day - dog card

Hello!!!

I have this very quick card to share with you today. As you can see this is the card I made for my son to give my partner/his step Dad for Father's Day. 
You could still do something very similar and just change the sentiment.


I started off by arranging some words on the computer, I used Word Art (Microsoft Word) to insert this hollow, black outlined sentiment and printed it off. You could obviously use any sentiment.

Cut the card down to fit on a pre-folded 5x7 card blank. For this card instead of using a standard card blank where the fold would normally be along the longest part of the card (in this case along the top) I decided to make my own blank to have the fold along the side. To do this you will need an A2 size piece of card.
Stamp the lovely quirky dogs in black ink and emboss with clear embossing powder.
Colour the dogs and the sentiment in coordinating colours. I used castle arts gold pencils. 
Using a small brick stencil lightly apply some brown distress ink in background with a blending brush.
Use a piece of scrap paper to mask off the top part of the card and apply some grey ink to make it look like the road.
Dab some distress inks (that coordinates with the colours used on the sentiment) onto a tile/messy mat and using a watery fan brush add a few inky splatters around the text to make it look as if its been spray painted on. 

Add some glossy accents to the dogs eyes, nose and dog tag.
Using a black fine liner pen add a few dashes to make it look like the dogs are speeding past.

Finally stick the topper onto your card blank. 

Thank you so much for joining me, I'll be back soon with some more makes. I currently have several projects sitting in the drafts ready to be edited. 

X - Dena - X

 

No comments:

Post a Comment