Search This Blog

Tuesday 26 September 2017

Inkylicious dancing in the rain 

Hi Crafty friends!! 
So today I spent half the morning debating which inkylicious stamp to try out first. I bought several new stamps at the Thetford Sincerely yours craft show a few weeks back. So will be creating a blog post for these in the next few days. For now I thought I’d start with the ‘dance in the rain’ set. 
I started off by stamping the dancing lady with a black versafine inkpad on a piece of card cut to approximately 6.5 cm x 13cm. While the ink was wet I poured wow embossing powder over the image. Tip off any excess powder then emboss with the heat gun. 
For this card I used Tim Holtz new oxide inks. This is the first time I’ve really played with them and I have to say they’re incredible, so much nicer to work with than the distress inks - I highly recommend getting these!!! 
Anyway back to this card I started off with the wilted violet. Apply a layer of ink to about half way up the card. For this I used the sponges from creative expressions, dab off the excess ink on your glass mat then apply in circular motions. 
Now do the same with the worn lipstick ink to the top section. Blend into the voilet section
Next I used the salty ocean blue inkpad and applied it around edges
Now time for my favourite part. As I’m rather a clumsy person with water on my desk I did this step on my draining board in the kitchen. Run your fingers under the tap and then let any large amounts of water drip off. I then flicked the water over the inked piece of card. Adding extra droplets of water in areas it’s needed. Take a piece of kitchen roll and dab off the excess water. You’ll then be left with some lovely white rain effect splodges. 
One thing I should have mentioned at the start - I used a really thick 300gsm card stock. This prevents the card from going slightly rippled when wet with water. 
To finish the topper off I went round the edges again with blue oxide ink to darken the water effected areas. I then used a star dust Sakura pen around the edges to give it abit of a sparkle (unfortunately the camera hasn’t picked this up very well. 
Cut a piece of dark purple card just slightly larger than your main topper. And stick together using your choice of glue. I tend to use cosmic shimmer glue. 
 Cut a piece of white card Stamp, then heat emboss the verse ‘life isn’t about waiting for a storm’ - I just love this verse. Mount the stamped verse onto a slightly larger piece of purple card. 
Now we can start putting the card together. Take a prescored 6x6 card base - fold along the scored line. Then stick the topper and verse down. 
To finish off I added a few jems around the dancing lady and a few in the bottom right corner. The corner jems were purchased from ‘the range’ (my all time favourite shop!!). 
I then drew some lines around the edges. I also played around with a few different border effects. I included all 3 cards with different borders. 
Thanks all for reading. 
I’ll be back soon with some more cards using the inkylicious stamps. 

Shopping list 
Inkylicious dance in the rain stamp
Tim Holtz oxide inks 
Black versafine stamp pad
Wow ultrafine clear embossing powder
Heat gun 
Cosmic shimmer glue
Creative expressions blending sponges 
300gsm white card
Pre scored 6x6 card 
Purple card 
Xcut gillotine 
Gems 
Fine line black pen 
Sukura star dust pen 

No comments:

Post a Comment