Search This Blog

Tuesday 12 September 2017

Woodware reindeer card



Good Evening!!!

Its been a while since I posted on here so thought it was about time I started blogging again!
I have lots of half made cards on my desk waiting to be finished which means I'll have lots to show you in the coming week.

First up is this reindeer card.......

Shopping List 

- Woodware reindeer stamp
- White Card
- Hot off the press background papers 
- Versafine black ink pad - This ink pad is probably the best you can get!!!!
- Wow embossing powder
- ProMarker/Spectrum Noir pens
- Red card
- Woodware puff paint
- White glitter
- Cosmic Shimmer Glue 
- Clear stamping block
- Glossy accents 
- Heat embossing tool

I started off by Stamping the image onto plain white card with versafine black ink and embossing with a clear ultra fine wow embossing powder. I then used my Xcut guillotine to cut evenly around the edges - leaving a slighlty larger gap where the antlers and scarf overlap the main border.


On almost all my cards I use a selection of Promarkers and Spectrum Noir pens. They both have such  a great selection of colours - but I do love to mix them up, and they blend together really well. 
Colour the image with the colours pictured above.
For the background I used a blue watercolour based pen with a koi water brush.



Now time to use the puff paint. This is made by woodware and is so fun to work with. For this particular image I used white. They have a few different colours,but would highly recommend getting a white, yellow and black. These are great for doing the centres in flowers. 
Anyway back to this card. Puff paint is really thick and expands when heated. Be sure to only use a small amount on the desired areas. Once you have put the paint on, i normally sprinkle a small amount of glitter on top to give it abit of a sparkle.
Switch your heat gun on and give it a few seconds to heat up. Then hold a few inched above the puff paint and watch it expand. For this particular image I didn't do it for too long as I didn't want it 'too puffy'. I recommend never to do this after it has been stuck down onto a card - it will ripple!

Next I used a white Sakura pen to highlight selected areas and Ranger Glossy accents on the reindeer's nose. I just love using glossy accents on a card, it really makes the image pop! You will need to let this dry before continuing.


Take a piece of red card and using the guillotine cut it just slightly larger than the reindeer image. 

Now for the base of the card. I usually cheat and use pre scored card blanks, for this card I used a 6x6 base. 
Take the red card and cut it just slightly smaller than your base card.
Next take your decorative background papers. For this one I used the papers from Hot Off the Press that I bought as a set several years ago from QVC. I have to be honest I don't even know if you can still purchase them. When it comes to decorative papers I'm abit of a hoarder and like to look at them for ages before I actually use them. Id like to think I'm not the only crafter that does this?
Cut your decorative background paper just slightly smaller than your red card. 


Stick the various layers onto your base card, including the main reindeer topper.

I then Finished off by drawing a stitch affect border around the edge and placed a diamante on the snowflake.


Its always good to play around with different background papers. Here's a few examples.



Thank you for taking the time to read this blog. Hope to see you back here soon!!!

2 comments: