Search This Blog

Monday 18 September 2017

Sunshine designs watercolour card



Hi crafty friends. 

I'm a little overwhelmed at just how popular this card has been, I've had so many people asking how I I made it so thought I'd better update my blog! 
The image I used here is made by sunshine designs. I think I've had it in my stash for about 8 years and never used it. I'm not really sure what the image is called but I love it and it stamps beautifully. 

I started by cutting a piece of card to approximately 10.5cm square, then stamped the image with versafine black ink. Those of you who've read my previous posts will know that this is best ink pad ever!!! 
While the ink is still wet. Pour a thin layer of ultra fine embossing powder over the stamped image and tap off any excess back into the pot. Then using the heat gun, emboss the image. 

Now time to get your water ready - if your anything like me I like to get this just before I'm about to use it, I'm the worlds clumsiest person! Or if it's not me that knocks it over it's my amazing 8year old boy who also likes crafting or my nosey boyfriend who just happened to knock the water over everything. As you could imagine I really wasn't impressed. Anyway, using the paint brush wet the centre of the image. Take your first colour - for this particular card I'm using rose and and violet from the Royal Langnickel watercolour set. I tend to start of with the lightest colour first. Put a really small amount of paint on your pallet and add lots of water. Place a largish amount of paint in the centre.

Now for the fun part - remember to work quickly!! Take a straw and blow the paint from the centre out. Keep going until you have your desired look.

I then took a little break and made a cup of coffee while I waited for the image to dry a little.
I then repeated with the next colour. I used a much smaller amount of violet so I didn't overpower the rose pink.

For the next step I cut out a pink mount just slightly larger than the main topper and stuck it down using cosmic shimmer glue. Then mount onto a prescored 6x6 white card base.

Finally I finished off with a double wavy line around the edges.

As you can see from the main photo I created a few different colour combinations. The colours I used  were:
Violet and Cerulean blue
Gamboge and Crimson red lake

I must apologise about the poor lighting - currently waiting on a new photo light box!


Shopping list

Sunshine designs rubber stamp - I'm afraid I have no idea what it's called!
Wow ultra fine embossing powder
Versafine black ink pad
White card
Coloured card
Royal Langnickel watercolour paints
Paintbrush
Water
Paper trimmer
Cosmic shimmer glue
Heat gun

3 comments: