Search This Blog

Sunday 13 June 2021

Boat card using crafty individuals stamps

Good Evening!!

Hope you've all had a lovely weekend and been able to enjoy this lovely weather.
Just a quick post tonight for this simple boat card.


I don't have many men's cards in my stash so thought I'd make a couple up at the same time.
I started off by cutting a piece of card that'll fit on a pre-folded 5x7 card blank.
Dab speckled egg and faded jeans distress ink pad randomly on the glass mat, then spritz with water.
Randomly pick up some of the ink on the card then dry with a heat gun. Spritz the glass mat again and pick up some more ink. Dry it once more with the heat gun. 
I like to dry the ink in-between layers as it creates a lovely layered effect.


Stamp and emboss CI-559 (the boat) with black ink. I tend to use versafine ink and wow detail embossing powder.
Then using faded jeans distress ink - stamp Counting down background stamp randomly around the boat. If you read my previous post you'll already know that this just has to be my fav stamp at the moment. Its so useful and goes particularly well with beach themed stamps as it actually contains a tide table. 


Colour the boat - for this I used spectrum noir tri blend pens. I added some orange and red tones to the bottom of the boat to make it look slightly rusty. 

Stamp the birds from CI-272 in black.


I decided to add a few smaller birds flying in the distance, so I stamped the small bird from CI-209.


Finally I mounted the topper onto a pre-folded 5x7 card blank.


Thanks for visiting

X - Dena - X





 

2 comments: