Search This Blog

Thursday 20 July 2023

Ballet card - Visible image stamps

Evening All!!

I'm so behind with editing my blog posts at the moment so trying to play catch up, just hope I can remember how I made them all.

This card was made using the fab Born to perform stamp set from Visible Image.


Cut a piece of white card to fit a pre-folded 6x6 card blank leaving room to mount onto black. 

Stamp the ballet dancer in black ink and emboss with clear embossing powder.

To create the background I actually used some 'homemade sprays'. I spinked a small amount of Brushos into a mini mister spray bottle and filled with water and voila! You could actually use spray stains but I don't have any at the moment so making use of what I have in my stash and they actually work really well.

Spritz yellow ochre over the stamped image, then alizarin crimson around the edges. Dry with a heat gun. 
Spritz some bronze distress mica spray to add some shimmer.
Place the Supernova stencil over the stamped image and apply some picked raspberry distress ink with a blending brush.

Stamp and emboss the wording and randomly stamp the stars around the edge.

Mount the topper onto some black card then onto your main pre-folded card blank. 

Add some white highlights with a sakura pen.

Finally add some glossy accents to a couple of the smaller stars to add some interest. Make sure you keep the card on a flat surface while it dries.

 Thank you for joining me.

X - Dena - X


 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Dena … love the tip about Brusho sprays as I don’t have any spray stains either. Beautiful image .. such a shame this one isn’t available any more from VI, and the stencilling finishes it off perfectly
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I really love my brusho sprays, I've used them on so many projects lately. Oh no that's a shame - I didn't realise it wasn't available anymore.
      Dena xx

      Delete