Search This Blog

Thursday 20 July 2023

Bee Crafty Ladybird card

Hi Everyone!!

Made this really quick card last night using Doodled Ladybird and Art backrounds 1 from Bee Crafty.


Cut a piece of card to fit a pre-folded 6x6 card blank.

Stamp the ladybird twice in black ink and emboss with clear embossing powder. 

Using a synthetic brush apply a thin layer of Pebeo masking fluid to the ladybirds.

Spritz the card with a fine mister spray bottle of water then sprinkle a small amount of lime green and yellow Brushos over the card. Don't forget less is more!!! Spritz with more water if needed and apply more Brushos until your happy with the overall look. If you do find you have too much just dab with some kitchen roll to remove a little ink. The background will need to be completely dry to continue stamping but you can speed this process up by drying with a heat gun.

Stamp the random circles from the art backgrounds stamp set in Twisted Citroen oxide ink.

Stamp the borders and some of the other elements in versafine black ink.

Remove the masking fluid with a glue eraser. 

Colour the ladybird and border using your preferred medium, for this I used my new Ecoline water colour pens.

I then ran a black ink pad around the edges of the card. I would normally mount the card onto black but I have to admit I was being very lazy and couldn't be bothered to pull all my black card out as I did make this really late at night. 

Finally mount the card topper onto a pre-folded card blank.

Thank you so much for joining me!

X - Dena - X
 

 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful vibrant card .. love the Brusho background
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete