Search This Blog

Tuesday 23 February 2021

Crafty individuals Dawn Whispers (CI-555)


Hi Everyone!

I just thought I'd show you how I made this quick card using the crafty individuals Dawn whispers (CI-555) stamp. 


This is such a gorgeous image I wanted to keep it simple by just creating the sunset scene and mounting it on a card blank. 

Stamp and emboss the image on a piece of card just slightly bigger than the image. 


Now for the next part I used masking tape but stuck it on scrap paper a couple of times (this is so it doesn't rip your card)before sticking it around the edge to create a masked area. You can buy low tack masking tape specifically for this but I don't currently have any in my stash - so had to make do.

Place a mask just below the halfway point of the card covering the top area to create your water/horizon line. I cut up an old folder but you could just use a piece of card. Ink the lower section to resemble the water.



Now start inking your sky. 
Place your mask over the water and Ink a yellow section. 



To create this mountain in the distance I cut a random line into an old plastic folder (again you can create something similar using a piece of scrap card) this time I smudged some of the green ink into the water area to make it look like a reflection in the water.



Using wild honey I added some more ink around the sky area and using a circle mask -  drag the ink from the circle onto your card to create like a halo around the sun.
Dab any excess ink off your applicator then add a little below your sea in the water - to make it look like the sun is reflecting.



Add some pink ink to your sky at the top and lightly drag some ink across the sun.



Now add some purple. 



Remove the masking tape from around the edge.
Colour the little wag tail bird with white posca pen.



I then coloured the ducks with Arteza watercolour pens.



Add a few finishing touches by colouring the grasses and I also added some extra blue water tones around the ducks.



Add Your topper onto a black mount. I cut this one using the Tim Holtz Deckle edge trimmer.
Then mount onto a 5x7 card blank.


Supply List

- Card blank 
- White card
- Black ink pad
- Embossing powder 
- Distress inks and aplicators 
- Arteza pens
- Scrap card or something to create a mask


3 comments: