Search This Blog

Friday 20 January 2023

Simple Love/Valentines Day card

Evening everyone.

Hope your all managing to stay warm - it's so cold here in London, I've been sitting here with my little heated pad and wrist warmers on.

Anyway, I'm a little behind with Valentines cards (as usual) but hoping to make a few different styles over the next few days starting with this one.


Stamp and emboss Crafty Individuals 'Singing Merrily' music stamp onto cream card. 
Cut it down to a square.


Cut a piece of black card just slightly bigger than the stamped image to create a mount.
Cut a much larger piece of cream card measuring approx - 11.5cm squared.


Using a versamark ink pad, stamp the Crafty Individuals script and emboss with red embossing powder in opposite corners.
I didn't bother mounting the stamp on an acrylic block, instead I just held onto it carefully applying pressure roughly where I wanted the script. 


Using a VersaMark ink pad, drag the ink along the edge and emboss with a gold glitter embossing powder. 


Tie a piece of Jute string around the piece of card and finish with a small bow. 


Mount onto a piece of red card. 


Die Cut some funky hearts from the Tonic Beautiful Hearts set. 
I'd recommend die cutting them in red but as I don't have much red card at the moment and need to go craft shopping I just cut them out of white card.
As you can see I cut way more hearts than I actually needed for this one card but I do plan on using them on other cards.


I then coloured the hearts with Candied apple distress ink. Obviously if you used red card you wont need to do that.
I decided to add some depth so applied some aged Mahogany around the edges.


Drag the VersaMark ink pad around the edges of the heart and emboss with black embossing powder.


As you can see the black embossed lines around the hearts aren't perfect and there are specs of black dotted on the inside. This was actually intentional, I wanted them to look slightly rustic. 


Mount the background piece onto a pre-folded 6x6 card blank.


Stick the music topper in place using a silicone glue so it's slightly raised.


Finally stick the hearts in place.


I haven't stuck any words on this card so in theory it could be used for any romantic occasion.

Thanks for joining me.

X_Dena_X

Shopping List

Tonic - Beautiful Hearts
White card
Cream card
Red card
6x6 prefolded kraft card
Black VersaFine Clair ink
VersaMark ink pad
Wow ultrafine embossing powder
Black embossing powder
Red embossing powder
Gold glitter embossing powder
Silicone glue
Glue
Jute string



 

2 comments:

  1. Wow Dena this is a very nice card.
    Thanks for the good explanation on how to make it.
    I saw your blog link on Facebook and I am also active on blog, that's why I came to follow you here.

    Carla

    ReplyDelete