Search This Blog

Tuesday 16 March 2021

Do it with style - Crafty Individuals Flamingo card

 Evening all!!!

Well I think this is the most I've blogged in a short space of time! Actually really enjoying sharing how I make everything with you all. Just hope you don't find it boring. 

Anyway, this morning I finished playing with this gorgeous bird, that happens to be one of my Mother's day gifts that my amazing son gave me. 

Cut a piece of card to approx 12cm x 17cm.

Dab squeezed lemonade, wild honey and picked raspberry distress inks onto acetate and spritz with water. Flip the acetate over and place on your piece of card and move the ink around until your satisfied with the look. Dab any excess ink off with some kitchen roll. I then dried the card with a heat gun.

Using the creative expressions tropical leaves stencil ink through using peeled paint oxide ink. I used oxides for this as you don't see as much of the colourful background through the leaves.   

Add some foil around the edging. I used a quickie glue pen to add a rough line around the edge. Leave to dry for a minute then lay part of the foil sheet over it - run your finger along to make sure it sticks well then pull off. you can always repeat this process if it stick properly in some areas.

Stamp and emboss the flamingo from CI-563. Then cut it out.


I water coloured this with distress inks. I painted the whole flamingo with picked raspberry then went in and added a few other colours to the gorgeous pattern.


Stamp and emboss the wording 'do it with style' and 'walk with a spring in your step'. Cut each of the words out. 
Using the applicator colour each wording strip with squeezed lemonade. Lightly ink the edging with picked raspberry.
Once you've stuck each word down - draw a rough line around the edge on the actual card base.


Before sticking this onto the card base I decided to add some more foil to the leaves by drawing a rough line around the edges. 


This can now be stuck onto a 5x7 card blank.

Thank you for reading.

Dena
- x -

Shopping list

- 5x7 card blank
- White card 
- Distress inks
- Oxide inks
- Black ink pad
- Embossing powder
- Acetate 
- Glue


2 comments:

  1. A wonderful card and the leaf stencil works really well with the flamingo, great sentiment too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card and a fabulous tutorial too!

    ReplyDelete