Search This Blog

Wednesday 31 March 2021

A little birdie told me it's your birthday

Hi Everyone. 

Another post from me today. On a bit of a roll!!

I haven't made a card from Kraft card in a while and I could hear the Tim Holtz crazy birds squawking from my stash of stamps so thought it was time they came back out to play.


Cut a piece of Kraft card to approx. 21x15.5cm and fold in half.
Cut another piece to approx. 13.5x8.5cm.

Stamp the bird slightly to one side in staz on ink.  


I then coloured the bird with spectrum noir coloured pencils, these blend so lovely and seem to work so well on Kraft card. If you don't like the way they blend you can use the spectrum noir pencil blending solution - but I didn't need to on this. 
Using a brick work stencil and pencil colour in a few bricks leaving areas around the edge blank.

Then add some white highlights to the bird.


Using the border from crafty individuals stamp set CI-361 - stamp all around the edge. This stamp is a definite must have and can be used in so many ways. 


Go over the barbed wire with a sparkle gelly roll sparkle pen.


This creates a lovely shimmer.


Stamp your desired wording from the Tim Holtz crazy talk collection. 
Cut each word out and carefully position and stick in place.

Using a fine liner black pen I drew around the edges of the wording to make it stand out a little more. 


Mount onto your folded card blank.

I then used glossy accents on the eyes and applied the clear glaze gelly roll pen to the birds beak. 


Leave to dry.


Thank you so much for joining me.

x - Dena - x

Shopping list

- Kraft card
- Timmer
- Staz on black in pad
- Glue 
- Scissors
- Spectrum Noir colouring pencils
- Gelly roll clear glaze
- Gelly roll sparkle
- White posca pen
- Tim Holtz crazy birds set
- Tim Holtz crazy talk set








 

No comments:

Post a Comment