Search This Blog

Friday 23 April 2021

 Morning Everyone!

I recently made this card for a friends birthday - who is also a crafter. I always find there's way more pressure on making a card when the recipient is also a cardmaker! 

Thought I'd use this gorgeous image from crafty individuals.


Stamp and emboss CI-471.
I then ripped the card to the size I wanted.


Using distress inks apply some Victorian velvet to the middle section and distress the edges with tea dye. I decided the edges wasn't quite dark enough so added a little brushed corduroy.


Cut a piece of square card that will fit on a pre folded 6x6 card blank leaving a slight border around the edge. Using a brayer I then applied the ink. To enhance the pink areas I applied Victorian velvet with an applicator sponge and again distressed the edges with brushed corduroy.
 

Using a fan paint brush flick some specks of water over your background and dry with a piece of kitchen roll to lift the ink.


I then splattered some watered down brown brushos to the card and dried with a heat gun. Unfortunately this doesn't show up very well on the photo but it left lovely soft brown splatters on the card.


Using CI-572 bluebells stamp ink the text section and randomly stamp in areas of the card in Victorian velvet. I Chose to keep the colours very soft and muted.


Stamp the snakes head fritillary from CI-488 in black.


Colour the image, for this I used Arteza watercolour brush pens and distress inks. I often use distress inks as a watercolour by dabbing the ink on a tile or on your messy mat and apply the ink with a brush.


Stamp some grasses from CI-207 using a brown and green ink to bring in another colour on your main background and a few on the topper with the little girl. 

I then stamped the wording from the woodware clear stamp set. 
 

I decided I needed something around the top of the card so stamped a couple of dragonflies also from CI-207.


Before mounting onto the card blanks I added some foil around the edges of the main background and image of the little girl.


Thanks for visiting!

X - Dena - X


Shopping list

- Pre-folded 6x6 card blank
- White card
- Ink pads
- Distress inks
- Embossing powder
- Paintbrush
- Quickie glue pen
- Foil
- Woodware wording stamps












2 comments: